Data activation brings changes to the way businesses use digital marketing. Recently, a growing number of digital markets have started implementing Customer Data Platforms (CDP) to improve their marketing efforts and unlock the data value through the development of actionable insights. Businesses should collect data and learn how to activate it to deliver a better customer experience. The following list of data activation trends for 2022 should help you drive marketing efforts.
Building personas of ideal customers for better segmentation
Data activation tools enable digital marketers to convey messages to different audiences. However, it’s not always easy for a digital marketing specialist to assess buyer behavior compared with traditional sales platforms. CDP lets businesses build personas of ideal customers to understand their audiences better and enhance user experiences across all touchpoints.
- Businesses can map a customer’s path from the initial purchase to the stage where they advocate the brand to others.
- 0brands can identify potential customers within physical stores and start sending offers directly to the phones to encourage more sales.
- Digital marketers can merge online and offline data to boost campaigns. While using offline data collected through physical stores, marketers can rely on it to create online engagements. Businesses can optimize marketing campaigns for video, social, and mobile platforms by integrating online and offline data to create customer profiles.
Adopting audience modeling techniques to analyze customers better
The method is not new. Online marketing agencies have been using audience modeling for years. However, thanks to the data-oriented approach, they can get more accurate results.
- With the Lookalike Modeling technique, you consider your existing customer segments and expand on them. The method lets you find potential customers who share the same characteristics as your existing clients using demographic and behavioral data.
- The Predictive Modeling technique lets you find prospective customers based on their purchase behavior and demographics. It involves using different data types to target your buyers – from sending direct emails to using social media ads.
- Algorithmic Modeling helps data scientists and digital marketers implement marketing automation. It identifies potential clients based on data collected from data management platforms, advertising data, and retail data to identify potential customers. The technique represents a mix of economic theory and machine learning, thus helping businesses create marketing strategies.
Media optimization is a vital technique that most online businesses should adopt. It helps you avoid oversaturating your audience with promotions and focus on campaigns that can increase ROI.
- Many businesses use APIs to conduct real-time audience suppression. Using tools that monitor user data in real-time, marketing teams get notified when their audience members are unlikely to react to their campaigns.
- Instead of using a one-size-fits-all approach, businesses can use custom data management platforms to personalize their marketing campaigns, improve data segmenting, and avoid unnecessary targeting.
- Retargeting campaigns are used to remind website visitors to check out the company’s offers after leaving pages without making a purchase. Companies can display relevant ads based on the customers’ web browsing data, thus turning them into buyers.
Data-driven marketing helps businesses connect with their customers better than ever before. If you want to integrate your marketing, sales, and data operations with customer data platforms and need professional advice, the Atypical Design team is already ready to help.